Re: fh_verify: no root_squashed access hundreds of times a secondagain

From: Andrew Gray
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 14:30:16 EST

> How about tracking down whoever is trying to do all these illegal
> accesses and stop them? 6000 attempts per minute seems a
> waste of resources, whether malicious or ill-configured.

I am, of course, working this angle as well. However, I was hoping to
find out what, specifically, is causing these messages. Preferably, how
to stop them or mute them for the short-term. Having the log server
rotate 4GB log files every 24 hours because the kernel is almost DOSing
itself is counterproductive.