Re: 2.6.2: ACPI -VS- PPPoE / aDSL

From: Len Brown
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 01:14:52 EST

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 20:35, leonard wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> With Linux kernel last 'stable' version 2.6.2,
> i had to compile withOUT ACPI to get my PPPoE/aDSL working :/
>
> ACPI works great by itself, but does not let my pppoe driver
> (the roaring penguin) do its job properly.
> Note I did not try with the new kernel-space pppoe driver.
>
> It was the same way between ACPI and DHCP in kernel 2.6.0-TEST9
>
> Just letting you know, I'm sure far from being alone with this
> issue, but didn't find any messages talking about it in the archives.
>
> Take care ACPI developpers ;)
> Guillaume
>
> P.S. Please CC any unlikely answer to `root AT_ dune2 D0T_ info`
> that way I'm sure not to skip it :)

Leonard,
please try booting with pci=noacpi -- if that causes the box to work,
then you have an ACPI interrupt configuration problem. If it doesn't,
try booting with "acpi=off" to confirm that it functions properly with
ACPI completely out of the picture.

also, the acpi developers are actually at
acpi-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks,
-Len