INSTALL_PATH question: Makefile bug?

From: Michael Grimborounis
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 07:09:01 EST

Hi,

I have a question regarding the way INSTALL_PATH is set up in the top
level Makefile. I can pass a value or uncomment it, like the comments
in the makefile suggest. But then if INSTALL_MOD_PATH is undefined,
INSTALL_PATH is unset by the following statements:

ifndef INSTALL_MOD_PATH
INSTALL_PATH=
endif
export INSTALL_MOD_PATH

It seems that if I don't define INSTALL_MOD_PATH, there is no way for
me to pass a path for the kernel and map images. Is this the intended
behaviour or is it a bug? Should that have been "INSTALL_MOD_PATH="?