kthread, signals and PF_FREEZE (suspend)

From: Christophe Saout
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 19:20:00 EST

Hi,

I was wondering, has kthread been tested with the suspend code?

When trying to freeze the processes the suspend code sets PF_FREEZE on a
process and calls signal_wake_up(p, 0);

That means that signal_pending() will return true for that process which
will make kthread stop the thread.

The workqueues have PF_IOTHREAD set and I'm only seeing those on my
machine that's why it doesn't fail.

But the migration threads for example call signal_pending() directly
after schedule() before checking PF_FREEZE and calling refrigerator()
(which BTW flushes all signals).