Re: Kernel Cross Compiling

From: Herbert Poetzl
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 12:39:48 EST

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 12:16:10PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> > linux-2.4.25-rc2 config dep kernel modules
> > m68k/m68k: OK OK OK OK
>
> Good! :-)

yeah but,

2.6.2-rc3 2.6.3-rc2
[ARCH m68k/m68k] failed. failed.

Bad! :(

> One related question: anyone who knows how to run a cross-depmod,
> so I can find missing symbol exports without running depmod
> on the target?

../modutils-2.4.26/configure --target=m68k-linux

seems to do something, so it might even work ...

depmod: ELF file /lib/.../kernel/crypto/aes.o not for this architecture
depmod: ELF file /lib/.../kernel/crypto/blowfish.o not for this architecture

HTH,
Herbert