Re: Linux 2.6.3-rc3

From: Onur Kucuk
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 11:47:28 EST

New radeonfb works better for me, with a bit of trouble, on this Compaq
EVO N800v.

I had troubles with powering up the display at boot, it would
randomly work. At about 1/4 of a new boot or switching between console
and X, the screen used to turn blank. If I blindly get into X it would
work fine.

With the new radeonfb, I have tested about 10 boots and the display
seems to be working fine, no blank screen. Switching between X and
console seems to be better (just turned into black at 1 of 10 tries)

The problem is, If I enter X (works fine) and go back to the console,
there are a few permenant color lines at the bottom. If I do "clear"
or enter an ncurses based app (like midnight commander) the screen is
garbled like interlaced.

An example screenshot is at

http://www.delipenguen.net/2.6.3-rc3-newradeon.png

dmesg and config attached