Re: Linux 2.6.3-rc3

From: Jonathan Brown
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 10:05:58 EST

Peter Osterlund wrote:
Benjamin Herrenschmidt:
o New radeonfb
o Fix a link conflict between radeonfb and the radeon DRI
o Fix incorrect kfree in radeonfb

It doesn't seem to work on my x86 laptop. The screen goes black when
the framebuffer is enabled early in the boot sequence. The machine
boots normally anyway and I can log in from the network or log in
blindly at the console. I can then start the X server which appears to
work correctly, but switching back to a console still gives me a black
screen. Running "setfont" doesn't fix it. Here is what dmesg reports
when running 2.6.3-rc3:

I also get a black screen on boot on my IBM X31, but pressing Fn+F7 a couple of times brings it up. Fn+F7 switches between LCD, monitor and both. Here is my dmesg:

radeonfb: Invalid ROM signature 0 should be 0xaa55
radeonfb: Retreived PLL infos from BIOS
radeonfb: Reference=27.00 MHz (RefDiv=60) Memory=144.00 Mhz, System=144.00 MHz
Non-DDC laptop panel detected
radeonfb: Monitor 1 type LCD found
radeonfb: Monitor 2 type no found
radeonfb: panel ID string: 1024x768
radeonfb: detected LVDS panel size from BIOS: 1024x768
radeondb: BIOS provided dividers will be used
radeonfb: Power Management enabled for Mobility chipsets
radeonfb: ATI Radeon LY DDR SGRAM 16 MB