Re: is nForce2 good choice under Linux?

From: Ryan Reich
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 10:01:46 EST

Sander wrote:
Jesse Allen wrote (ao):

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 11:01:45PM +0200, aviv bergman wrote:
i had very frequent lockups after upgrading to 2.6.0, flashed to the
latest bios, and the system is rock stable since (2.6.1 w/apic)

Wow, another fixed shuttle board? Looks like shuttle knows what the
bug is then.

I've never read the Shuttle boards where unstable. I thought people had
problems with the normal size boards from Asus and others.

I have a Shuttle AN35N-Ultra with an Athlon 2600+ on it which had the
infamous lockups under 2.4 until I figured out that it was the APIC and
turned that off. I just flashed the BIOS with the latest on Shuttle's site
and they seem to have gone, at least for now. Someone claims that he got
one after five days uptime, but I'm a wimp and turn my computer off every
night so I'll never see that.

--
Ryan Reich
ryanr@xxxxxxxxxxxx