atkbd.c: Unknown key released/psmouse

From: Michael Meskes
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 09:36:10 EST

Hi,

I'm using the Debian package of kernel 2.6.2 and get the following message twice whenever I insmod or rmmod psmouse.ko:

Feb 14 15:28:13 feivel kernel: atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0x7a on isa0060/serio0).
Feb 14 15:28:13 feivel kernel: atkbd.c: This is an XFree86 bug. It shouldn't access hardware directly.

With 2.6.0 all works well, but with 2.6.2 I only get that message and my
touchpad is not recognized. Yes, my bootprocess does use kbdrate and I'm
running X at the moment, but this message comes at boottime when
processing /etc/modules too.

Strangely enough a few underterministic times it comes up correctly. Now
message is printed and my touchpad works. But most of the time I just
get that message.

I didn't find any mention of this on the web so I figure to ask here.

Thanks in advance

Michael

P.S.: Please CC me on replies.
--