Re: Kernel Cross Compiling

From: Herbert Poetzl
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 09:23:26 EST

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 09:26:31PM -0600, Stephen M. Kenton wrote:
> The problems with GCC cross builds are known and are
> targeted for GCC 3.5 since the changes will apparently be
> invasive. If you have not seen it yet, Dan Kegel has
> a very nice package called crosstool with lots of
> comments about the contortions of cross compiling.
> http://kegel.com/crosstool

thanks for the info, I read/tested that one too, some time
ago, but decided against this approach, as it builds the
glibc, which I do not need for the kernel toolchain at all
and I didn't want to bother with another source that won't
compile on arch xy ... maybe the wrong decision? I don't
know ...

best,
Herbert