Re: Kernel Cross Compiling

From: Herbert Poetzl
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 18:50:42 EST

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 10:25:00PM +0100, Andi Kleen wrote:
> Herbert Poetzl <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > [ARCH sparc64/sparc] failed. failed.
> > [ARCH x86_64/x86_64] failed. succeeded.
>
> Your test methology must be broken. 2.4.25rc2 cross compiles
> just fine here from i386 to x86_64.

okay, here is the promised update, a little later
as planned, because I discovered that doing 'make dep'
would be a great idea too (well that isn't necessary
for 2.6.x so it doesn't change those results), but
still some archs give troubles ...

linux-2.4.25-rc2 config dep kernel modules

alpha/alpha: OK OK OK OK
hppa/parisc: OK OK FAILED FAILED
hppa64/parisc: OK OK FAILED FAILED
i386/i386: OK OK OK OK
m68k/m68k: OK OK OK OK
mips/mips: OK OK FAILED FAILED
mips64/mips64: OK OK FAILED FAILED
ppc/ppc: OK OK OK OK
ppc64/ppc64: OK FAILED FAILED OK
s390/s390: OK OK OK OK
sparc/sparc: OK OK FAILED FAILED
sparc64/sparc64: OK OK OK OK
x86_64/x86_64: OK OK OK OK

but hey, it's better than before ...

you can get all the details, what and why? it fails
from the logs:

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/Cross/LOGS-2.4.25-rc2/

any help or hints are appreciated, as it would be great
to get this running ...

TIA,
Herbert