what is the best 2.6.2 kernel code?

From: yiding_wang
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 17:26:37 EST

I downloaded kernel linux-2.6.2.tar.gz and patch-2.6.2.bz2 from kernel source. Both files are dated 03-Feb.-2004.

Building new kernel from the source failed on fs/proc/array.o. Patching with patch file will have numerous warning message which says "Reversed patch detected! Assume -R [n]". From messages, it looks like the patch file is outdated. However, without patch, kernel failed on building. Running patch with force option also failed on file patching.

What is the best working 2.6.2 kernel and patch I can get from source tree?

Many thanks!

Eddie