Re: Initrd Question

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 09:24:57 EST

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:14:25 +0300, =?koi8-r?Q?=22?=Andrey Borzenkov=?koi8-r?Q?=22=20?= said:

> > Should you check for /dev/.devfsd on the real root here? I thought .devfsd
> > is created by the devfsd process,
>
> you are wrong here, sorry. .devfsd is created by devfs.

I see the confusion - .devfsd gets created in the directory that is
/dev at the time devfs starts up. However, after pivot_root, that directory
has a new name, and that's where we need to check for .devfsd.

It gets even more confusing in some configurations where we end up unmounting
/initrd/dev and then re-mounting /dev just to get it into the right place..