Re: 2.6.1-mm4

From: Prakash K. Cheemplavam
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 08:19:33 EST

Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:30:54 +0100, "Prakash K. Cheemplavam" said:

Well, I don't know whether my system actually locks up, it is like it seems the log gets flooded (when I wait long enough) but I cannot do anything with the system at that point, ie it seems like frozen.

I don't think anybody's going to be able to shoot that bug report without more
info. "seems like frozen" doesn't give us much to go on. Does the machine
still ping/ssh/etc on the net? Is it totally locked up? Any disk activity
lights left on/flickering, indicating life? Can you get a serial console or
kgdb-ethernet or something to see if there's an oops/panic?

Hmm, I'll test those bk-snapshots and when it locks up, I'll try to access the pc form another machine. As I said it seems (when I wait long enough, within the first minute nothing in the log survives the reboot, probably due to reiserfs journalling) the log writes the oops I posted in the first message infinite times.

Well, the 53.36 drivers are rock-solid on my Dell laptop with a GeForce4 440Go
and the 2.6.3-rc1-mm1 kernel. There very well may be bugs in there, but
they're not ones I can replicate or diagnose...

Maybe it is a nforce2 issue then. I think it is ACPI specific. I'll also try compiling latest kernel without ACPI and report back.

Thanx,

Prakash