PPC64 PowerMac G5 support available

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 00:28:04 EST

Hi Linus !

You can pull from bk://ppc.bkbits.net/for-linus-ppc

Curious can inspect the patch using the bkbits web interface

If Andrew prefers keeping it into -mm for a while, I can do a big
patch from the bk tree, though this patch is putting other ppc64
stuffs on hold for now, so it shall go in asap (as it would be too
nasty to deal with conflicts if other things went in at this point).

Linus: you will probably need an updated radeonfb anyway as I told
you. I'll start working on it now and will post a patch separately.

Also, there is currently a known build problem with the zImage wrapper
in 2.6.3-rc2, unrelated to this patch, it doesn't prevent the build of
the plain vmlinux which is what yaboot uses on the G5.

Finally, ieee1394 triggers an oops in kobject since 2.6.3-rc2, 100%
reproduceable for me (and apparently x86 users too), so that's also
unrelated to the G5 code.

Ben.