aic7xxx driver, SuperMicro P4DL6, and 2.6.2 kernel

From: Lawrence MacIntyre
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 12:23:52 EST

Hi:

I have a dual XEON with a SuperMicro P4DL6 motherboard. It has an
onboard dual AIC7899W controller. I have two disks, one with RH9 and one
with Fedora Core 1. Both work fine. However, I want to upgrade the
Fedora disk to the 2.6.2 kernel. I loaded the latest version of
module-init-tools, procps, and quota, and built the kernel. It won't
boot. It loads scsi_mod.ko and sd_mod.ko, but when it tries to load
aic7xxx.ko, it says:

insmod: error inserting /lib/aic7xxx.ko: -1 No such device

I downloaded the latest driver from Justin's web site, but it does
exactly the same thing. I added

options aic7xxx aic7xxx=verbose,debug:0xffff

to modprobe.conf, but that didn't help either.
--
Lawrence MacIntyre 865.574.8696 lpz@xxxxxxxx
Oak Ridge National Laboratory