Re: ICH5 with 2.6.1 very slow

From: Kyle
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 11:49:46 EST

Today I tried with compile the kernel 2.6.1 with:

IGNORE word93 Validation BITS (IDEDMA_IVB) = y

The result looks a bit better, got 30MB/s at /dev/hda and 37MB/s at /dev/hdc
(38MB/s and 55MB/s at kernel 2.4.20)

Still very strange, /dev/hda and /dev/hda are exactly same model harddisk.

Also, the result still can't compare with my another much slower machine
Celeron / ICH4 / 2 x WD 120GB (md1), which got 46MB/s at both /dev/hda and
/dev/hdc,

Kyle