Re: Kernel GPL Violations and How to Research

From: Gidon
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 16:51:53 EST

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 13:20, Matthew Dharm wrote:
> As a final level of analysis, you can always look at the compiled binary
> code -- if you think they are using a _reasonably_ compatible compiler, you
> might actually be able to find long sections of identical or near-identical
> assembly (modulo loop unrolling, etc. which you should be able to identify
> by hand.)

Your advice is appreciated. I will do some further research using
objdump. I believe they use gcc.

One thing I am unsure of is how to approach them and ensure at the same
time that the problem is taken care of. Another words, if I show them
what's wrong, they may simply obfuscate it (although at this time I hope
not) and then I have no way to easily prove anything anymore...