2.6.2 with ide cdrom drive problem

From: Jin Suh
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 10:03:20 EST

Hello Linux-kernel folks,

I built a bootable cdrom using 2.6.2 kernel. It bootd up from a scsi cdrom
drive (11, 0) but not from ide cdrom drive which is /dev/hdc (22, 0). I use
BICK (Bootable Iso Construction Kit). Since it doesn't boot from ide cddrive, I
enabled the scsi aic7xxx and made 2 bootcds. I put one in the scsi cddrive and
the other in the ide cddrive. The kernel loads from ide cddrive and cdinit1
from BICK scans cdrom drives (hda, hdb, hdc, hdd and sr0 and sr1). The scanning
doesn't find hdc cddrive (major 22, minor 0) and finds sr0 and continue the
rest of the booting. Is 2.6.2 different from 2.4.20 in the device name (22,0)?
What is the correct device number? When I looked at the /proc/ide/hdc/model
file, it says "Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616T. It used to work fine with 2.4.20
kernel. Could you please help me to fix this?