Re: Does anyone still care about BSD ptys?

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 21:08:36 EST

Followup to: <c09ccl$qkl$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
By author: davidsen@xxxxxxx (bill davidsen)
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> In article <20040209100940.GF21151@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> | So what's the problem with calling mount(2)?
>
> Other than making an optional part of the kernel required... Not
> impossible but something to consider.

With my changes the devpts filesystem will be pretty much an integral
part of the pty system (since the whole idea is to use the devpts
filesystem to keep track of the tty structures) so that's not an
issue.

-hpa
--
PGP public key available - finger hpa@xxxxxxxxx
Key fingerprint: 2047/2A960705 BA 03 D3 2C 14 A8 A8 BD 1E DF FE 69 EE 35 BD 74