Re: Does anyone still care about BSD ptys?

From: Andries Brouwer
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 15:34:08 EST

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 12:18:57PM -0500, Albert Cahalan wrote:

> I should mention here that the SysV pty stuff
> is nearly 100% undocumented in the man pages.
> I get nothing for pts, pty, grantpt...

% man pts
NAME
ptmx and pts - pseudo-terminal master and slave

% man grantpt
NAME
grantpt - grant access to the slave pseudotty

% man posix_openpt
NAME
posix_openpt - open a pseudo-terminal device

I have to conclude that your version of "the man pages"
is older than man-pages-1.55. Current is man-pages-1.66.

Andries