2.6.2: ACPI -VS- PPPoE / aDSL

From: leonard
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 13:37:18 EST

Hello everyone,

With Linux kernel last 'stable' version 2.6.2,
i had to compile withOUT ACPI to get my PPPoE/aDSL working :/

ACPI works great by itself, but does not let my pppoe driver
(the roaring penguin) do its job properly.
Note I did not try with the new kernel-space pppoe driver.

It was the same way between ACPI and DHCP in kernel 2.6.0-TEST9

Just letting you know, I'm sure far from being alone with this
issue, but didn't find any messages talking about it in the archives.

Take care ACPI developpers ;)
Guillaume

P.S. Please CC any unlikely answer to `root AT_ dune2 D0T_ info`
that way I'm sure not to skip it :)