Re: [PROBLEM] 2.6.3-rc1: still no suspend/resume on Centrino

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 06:32:14 EST

> Well my laptop uses the 855PM chipset and it does *not*
> work. Suspend works but the machine won't wake up (drives power up
> but the screen stays blank and the machine is not pingable.

Thanks for pointing that out, it sounds a lot like the problem
description of the 855GM machines.

So according to the data posted on the net/in the lists, the status of
kernel 2.6.x advanced power management (suspend/resume) on Centrino
notebooks depending on the chipset currently looks like

Intel 855GM: no success story so far

Intel 855PM: a few successes reported, definitely not true for all

Intel 855GME: ??? (no data)

Regards,
Georg

P.S. I'm curious: I know some Intel employees are working on the Linux
ACPI code, is this merely tolerated or officially during paid time?
Are you given any preferences what to work on or are you entirely free
in your prioritizing?

--
Georg C. F. Greve <greve@xxxxxxx>
Free Software Foundation Europe (http://fsfeurope.org)