New mailing list for 2.6 Medley RAID (Silicon Image 3112 etc.) BIOS RAID development

From: Thomas Horsten
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 20:25:53 EST

Hi,

I've started a mailing list for those interested in the development of a Linux
driver supporting Medley RAID (the BIOS/software RAID used by the Silicon
Image 3112 and some CMD chipsets).

My main goal is that I want autodetection for these drives to work in 2.6
(like the ataraid framework in 2.4), but also to leverage the code in the
existing MD and DM drivers as far as possilble. This currently works in the
current 2.4 kernels, thanks to Arjan van de Ven's ataraid framework, which my
Medley driver for 2.4 uses.

The reason I insist on autodetection is that I think it's important that if
the BIOS will reckognise the drive without additional intervention, so will
Linux. This will make the entry route for newbies much simpler.

If you are interested in taking part in the discussions/development of the 2.6
driver for Medley RAID (and other BIOS "wholedisk" RAID arrays, such as
Highpoint), I would ask you to join this list.

On the new list we'll also welcome support questions for the 2.4 Medley driver
and other related issues. I expect this to be a low volume list.

You can find more information about how to subscribe at
http://lists.infowares.com/cgi-bin/listinfo/medley

More informateion about the 2.4 driver, and the patch source, is at
http://www.infowares.com/linux/

// Thomas