Re: [PROBLEM] 2.6.3-rc1: still no suspend/resume on Centrino notebook

From: Georg C F Greve
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 13:36:25 EST

> The Thinkpad T40 and T41 at least; they suspend & resume properly,
> but there are still interrupt-losing problems when resuming, which
> is a totally separate issue. I believe they both use the 8255PM
> chipset:

> 00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 82855PM Processor to I/O
> Controller (rev 03)

Thanks.

AFAIK, there are essentially three "Centrino" chipsets
Intel 855GM [1]
Intel 855PM [2]
Intel 855GME [3].

So 855PM based laptops seem to work, whereas 855GM based laptops
apparently don't. So it would be logical to assume it is the
difference between these two that causes the problems.

Unfortunately I'm not sure whether that brings us any further as it
seems that it is the integrated graphics stuff that makes the
difference -- or is there more?

Regards,
Georg

[1] http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/mobile/855gm.htm?iid=dev_chips855fam+855gm&;