ACPI and APM together?

From: Todor Todorov
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 06:57:06 EST

Hello list,

I have a few machines with pretty similar hardware configuration, but they do different tasks for which I need different kernel functionality. So far I can have configure the kernel features that I need mostly as modules and have on kernel configuration/compilation for all the machines except for one. This computer has a motherboard which is some older than the oders and doesn't reboot/halt properly with ACPI, it definitely needs APM. So the question is, if it would be possible to compile both ACPI and APM into the kernel and pass the corsponding parameters acpi=off or apm=off where it is appropriate? I looked through the kernel help and docs, but they say only, that the kernel would use whichever is loaded first... Nowhere is anything mentined, if one could proactively influence the decision.
Any help/answer would be very appreciated. TIA

Regards,
Todor