Re: [2.6.2-mm1 / 2.6.2] nforce2 oops at startup, other oddities

From: Roberto Sanchez
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 13:45:02 EST

Mark Rutherford wrote:
Hi all,
Just got my nforce2 board. and everything is working, sorta.
[SNIP]
CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC=y
CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_IO_APIC=y

I don't know about your specific board, but mine is a Biostar M7NCDPro.
I had to update the BIOS to the 1208 BIOS, as tho 1007 BIOS sucked and
caused numerous oopses on boot.

There have also been numeruos issues with the AMD/nForce2 combo because
of the APIC. There are APIC patches available, or you can simply
disable APIC support altogether. Search the archives for the numeruos
discussions over the past several months which explain this issue in far
greater detail than I can.

-Roberto