Re: [ACPI] acpi problem with nforce motherboards and ethernet

From: Josh McKinney
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 01:42:04 EST

On approximately Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 03:50:18AM +0100, Andi Kleen wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 00:33:04 +0100 (CET)
> "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > That's not the right fix. There's a bug in Linux's ACPI IRQ setup as
> > I've discovered by comparing the code to the spec. Here's a patch I sent
> > in December both to the LKML and the ACPI maintainer. The feedback from
> > the list was positive, but the maintainer didn't bother to comment.
>
> Thanks. I added the patch to the x86-64 sources and it indeed seems to fix
> the Nforce3.

I tried the patch against 2.6.3-rc1 and it doesn't seem to fix
anything, timer is still on XT-PIC. This is on a A7N8X Deluxe rev2,
nforce2.

CPU0
0: 524366 XT-PIC timer
1: 1727 IO-APIC-edge i8042
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
8: 1 IO-APIC-edge rtc
9: 0 IO-APIC-level acpi
14: 913 IO-APIC-edge ide0
15: 22792 IO-APIC-edge ide1
19: 23559 IO-APIC-level nvidia
20: 52452 IO-APIC-level ohci_hcd, eth0
21: 0 IO-APIC-level ehci_hcd, NVidia nForce2
22: 354 IO-APIC-level ohci_hcd
NMI: 0
LOC: 524223
ERR: 0