Re: [ACPI] acpi problem with nforce motherboards and ethernet

From: Prakash K. Cheemplavam
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 05:41:38 EST

I've only ever run athcool to check the status.. and my BIOS doesnt have
disconnect.

A7N8X Deluxe V2 BIOS 1007.. 11 days uptime here.. haven had a crash
since Ross released those patches ages ago.

WITHOUT Disconnect my System is stable, but hotter when idle, so that is not the point. Ross wanted the patched to work with APIC and Disconnect.

DO you guys use APIC (not ACPI)? I use both APIC (and local APIC) and ACPI. ACPI is not the problem (unless they break something...) but APIC and CPU Disconnect makes trouble on nforce2.

athcool reports:
nVIDIA nForce2 (10de 01e0) found
'Halt Disconnect and Stop Grant Disconnect' bit is enabled.

I have never used athcool to turn it off, and I don't have a BIOS
option. APIC, local APIC and ACPI are all on.

Ok, then it makes sense, so you are using APIc with CPU Disconnect and Ross' patch. This explains your low idle temps. As I said this config doesn't work for me.

Prakash