Re: HFSPLus driver for Linux 2.6.

From: Dylan Griffiths
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 22:57:22 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
Please send it over, and Cc linux-kernel. It'll need to be reviewed. Pack
your asbestos undies ;)

Hi. I've just recently cleaned up a copy of the HFS Plus driver to apply to 2.6.1. I'd like to submit it for inclusion in your -mm series, so I don't have to keep maintaining something that's out of tree. HFS+ support is one of those things I'd like to see in 2.6 soon, so things like my Mac iPod and friend's HFS+ formatted firewire drives will work on my Linux machines :)

I don't remember where I grabbed this driver, I only know it's much more current than the one at http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-hfsplus. I've used it a lot for my iPod on 2.4, and have had success with it on 2.6. I haven't done much with the kernel, so it may or may not be entirely a sane driver (please review!). The only changes I've done to the stock distribution were updating some prototypes for type changes and parameter additions, and changing kdev_t_to_nr to the newer format that the fs drivers use.