2.4.24, ACPI, hyperthreading and strange messages

From: Dale Harris
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 18:15:03 EST

Howdie,

I'm seeing some usual messages from dmesg with a kernel that I have
running on a cluster. I have hyperthreading capable Xeons, Supermicro
mobos, and the nodes have LinuxBIOS (but the mayor does not). I had to
bump the CONFIG_NR_CPUS to 8 to be able to even see both CPUs on the
nodes. The messages I see that concern me are:

[on the nodes, where hyperthreading is not activated]:

WARNING: No sibling found for CPU 0.
WARNING: No sibling found for CPU 1.

[next occurs on the nodes and the mayor]

ACPI: System description tables not found
ACPI-0084: *** Error: acpi_load_tables: Could not get RSDP, AE_NOT_FOUND
ACPI-0134: *** Error: acpi_load_tables: Could not load tables: AE_NOT_FOUND
ACPI: Unable to load the System Description Tables
PCI: Probing PCI hardware
PCI: ACPI tables contain no PCI IRQ routing entries

So the problem occured independant of what BIOS I have, at least so it
seems. Links full kernel config and dmesgs are below:

[a node, with linux bios, no HT]
http://research.amnh.org/users/rodmur/dmesg.new
[the mayor, no linux bios, HT activated]
http://research.amnh.org/users/rodmur/dmesg.dmtr
[kernel config used on all machines]
http://research.amnh.org/users/rodmur/config.bproc

Is there a problem with the kernel or my configuration of it?

--
Dale Harris
rodmur@xxxxxxxxx