Re: acpi interrupts going haywire

From: Len Brown
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 13:13:34 EST

Casey,
I don't expect CPU firmware to have any effect on acpi interrupts --
however, the BIOS version and BIOS SETUP settings certainly could; so
you should verify that you're running the latest BIOS and that the CMOS
settings are the same on the working and failing systems.

It would be good if you can select one of the failing systems and try a
newer kernel on it. Note that we support the latest ACPI patch on top
of kernels back to 2.4.22:

http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/patches/release/

You may have a mis-configired acpi interrupt, or there may be a real
interrupt source out there. When you're running up-to-date code, there
are a number of things we can do to diagnose.

Feel free to open a bug against this failure.

thanks,
-Len

How to file a bug against ACPI:

http://bugzilla.kernel.org/ Category: Power Management, Component: ACPI

Please attach dmesg -s40000 output (or serial console log if dmesg
unavailable)
Please attach copy of /proc/interrupts if possible

Please attach the output from acpidmp, available in /usr/sbin/, or in
pmtools:
http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/utils/

Please attach the output from dmidecode, available in /usr/sbin/, or
here: