Re: 2.6.2-rc3-mm1

From: Alistair John Strachan
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 05:05:04 EST

On Wednesday 04 February 2004 01:43, Derek Foreman wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Alistair John Strachan wrote:
> > On Tuesday 03 February 2004 18:32, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> > > On Tuesday 03 of February 2004 18:39, Alistair John Strachan wrote:
[snip]

> Just a quick check to make sure this isn't the same ACPI problem I'm
> seeing here with an Nforce2 board and recent kernels...
>
> Does the "acpi=off" boot parameter make things work?

Thanks, this was it. I should've tried this first. Bart, the driver comes up
just fine with acpi disabled in the most recent kernels.

ACPI is clearly broken on nForce 2, though, and booting my system with
acpi=off, although allowing me to get to init, breaks USB initialisation.
This breakage must have been introduced since 2.6.2-rc1-mm1.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

personal: alistair()devzero!co!uk