RE: [Infiniband-general] Getting an Infiniband access layer in the linux kernel

From: Woodruff, Robert J
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 21:08:57 EST

Good I think the InfiniBand community would like to get some of the
code into 2.6.

The access layer is all loadable modules and does not require any kernel
changes.
But we will need to look into integrating it into the build environment
(and provide a patch for that).

We will work with the InfiniBand HCA vendors, such as Mellanox and
Fujitsu, to
get the 2.6 code tested on the hardware and put together a patch that
can be submitted for review by the larger linux community. If you would
like to see the code before we
run it on 2.6, we could possibly do that as well.

woody