How to make "dead key" capslockable with kbd?

From: Jean Revertera
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 15:38:38 EST

Hi,

I'm currently trying to customize my keymap file, but I have a problem: I'cant make these damn "dead key" correctly capslockable.

As the manpage from keymaps say:
Each keysym may be prefixed by a '+' (plus sign), in which case this
keysym is treated as a "letter" and therefore affected by the "Cap-
sLock" the same way as by "Shift"

That's what I have in my keymap file:
[...]
keycode 7 = +dead_circumflex six notsign Control_asciicircum
alt keycode 7 = Meta_six
[...]
With this, when I press the key with keycode 7 and capslock is "on", the caracter "6" is effectively displayed. On the other hand, when capslock is turned "off", this same key displays immediatly (i.e: is no more a dead key):
^B
I load the keymap file with:
loadkeys file.kmap.gz
I'm running linux-2.6.1 on an up-to-date Debian Sid.

Could someone tell me how I can make this working ?

TIA !