Keventd robbing CPU time 2.4.25-pre8

From: Flexy
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 15:17:06 EST

First, I have not subscribed, so put me on cc list on this matter, thanks.

OK, using 2.4.23 keventd is not using much CPU time, but when I finally
upgraded to 2.4.25-pre8, I noticed that keventd is taking even more CPU
time than X. I've tried the 2.6 series too, but I've noticed that there
is a event/0 (IIRC) process peaking every second or two, much like keventd
in 2.4.25-pre8. Dunno if this is the same issue or not. I've tried with
and without preemptible kernel.

I'm using vanilla kernels from kernel.org on HP Omnibook 4150, PIII 500,
with BX chipset. Configuration should be the same in 2.4 series kernels.

Flexy