2.6.0, cdrom still showing directories after being erased

From: Martin Povolný
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 08:21:53 EST

I have debian's 2.6.0-686-smp only with PNP BIOS disabled (fails to
boot with enabled, as described by other people).

I did

$ mount /cdrom/
$ ls /cdrom/

got listing of files and directories on the cdrom
then

$ cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc -blank=fast -v
Blanking time: 21.570s
$ mount /cdrom
$ ls /cdrom

got the listing again!
could even 'cd' to a directory, couldn't read files

$ umount /cdrom
$ eject /cdrom; eject -t /cdrom
$ mount /cdrom

now I got the error which I would expect after erasing the CD and trying
to mount it

seems to me like some cache should have been invalidated, but was not

cdrecord:
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a19 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
cdrom:
0,0,0 0) 'HL-DT-ST' 'RW/DVD GCC-4480B' '1.00' Removable CD-ROM

p.s. sorry if I'm reporting something already repaired, but I have
searched the archive, changelog and asked google before writing here

--
Martin Povolný, xpovolny@xxxxxxxxxx, http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xpovolny