Re: oops with 2.6.1-rc1 and rc-3

From: Prakash K. Cheemplavam
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 15:59:36 EST

Len Brown wrote:
handlers:
[<c02a6b50>] (ide_intr+0x0/0x190)
[<c03248c0>] (snd_intel8x0_interrupt+0x0/0x210)
Disabling IRQ #11
irq 11: nobody cared!

dmesg -s40000 output (or serial console log if dmesg unavailable)
/proc/interrupts

This is starting to get stupid: I tried recreating the oops with rc2 and rc2-mm2, but this time they started up normal. Currently I am even using a mm2 based kernel. But 2.6.2-rc3 still oopses. The problem is it happens at kernel init time (libata doing its init) and thus I cannot do a dmesg. I don't have a serial console, neither. But I wrote down the functions called, if that is of help. I tried the kmsgdump patch to write the dmesg down to floppy, but either it didn't work or I am too stupid. Well, tell me whether it still helps making a bug report. Is there a way to make kernel more verbose? I mean all the acpi messages only appear in the log and not on screen. Then i could at least rite things down by hand, though it is not very inviting...

SO pleae specify which infos of the oopsing kernel you need specifically, minimisind my time in writing stuff down.

If you think you can work with above (lack of) informations, I will open a bug report and give you all the acpi and dmi dumps, etc.. you wanted.

Here is the interrupt list, btw.

light@tachyon light $ cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0
0: 448685 XT-PIC timer
1: 1518 XT-PIC i8042
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
5: 33618 XT-PIC Skystar2, ohci_hcd, nvidia
8: 3 XT-PIC rtc
9: 0 XT-PIC acpi
10: 1322 XT-PIC ohci_hcd, eth0
11: 13086 XT-PIC libata, NVidia nForce2, ehci_hcd
12: 23562 XT-PIC i8042
14: 21 XT-PIC ide0
15: 26 XT-PIC ide1
NMI: 0