DMA timeout on 2.6.2-rc3

From: Bob Gill
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 12:17:08 EST

Hi. I have lately had an error that will stall the boot process. I
have a bad feeling that it might be hardware, but need just a bit more
information. The error I get is:
hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x60
hda: DMA timeout retry
hda: timeout waiting for DMA

My distro: Fedora Core 1
Kernel version: 2.6.2-rc3-bk1
My APIC has integrated dma controllers and is a SiS 961
lspci also reports:
00:02.0 ISA bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS961 [MuTIOL
Media IO]
00:02.1 SMBus: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]: Unknown device 0016

I looked in /documentation and grepped some of the kernel source for dma
status, but haven't found a dma status of 0x60 (other statuses, but not
0x60 or 96). TIA

Bob