ACPI breakage in 2.6.2-rc3 (and before)

From: Joseph Pingenot
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 12:16:35 EST

>From Linus Torvalds on Friday, 30 January, 2004:
>The bulk of this is an ACPI update, but there's USB, ia-64, i2c, XFS and
>PCI hotplug updates here too.
>Please don't send in anything but critical fixes until after the final
>2.6.2 release.

Hmm. I just tried 2.6.2-rc3 (after having tried 2.6.1 after having
tried 2.6.2-rc2-mm1), and I note that ACPI can get my battery
status in 2.6.1, but *not* in 2.6.2-rc2-mm1 or in 2.6.2-rc3.
It notes that there is a battery in one of the two bays, and
that it's on battery or AC power, but nothing more; all status
readouts say that the battery's drained.

System is a Dell Inspiron 8600.

Thanks!

-Joseph