Re: Cursor disappears on console, no frame-buffer

From: Tim Connors
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 08:03:04 EST

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, David [iso-8859-15] Martínez Moreno wrote:

> El Miércoles, 28 de Enero de 2004 11:46, Tim Connors escribió:
> > Recently, a few kernel revisions ago, I experimented with the
> > frame-buffer. I don't know what I broke, but with nothing frame-buffer
> > related in the kernel (It could have been broken for a long time, I
> > don't use the console that much, but it certainly worked at one
> > stage):
>
> Have you followed Dave's doc to console new style in 2.6?
>
> http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/docs/post-halloween-2.6.txt
>
> There you can find a lot of possible problems for an unexistent console.

Bugger. I forgot to mention the kernel version (although it is in the
dmesg output); realising full well this is a FAQ for 2.6.

2.4.23 originally, still a problem in 25-pre7.

I'll have to do some testing to find out how much earlier it is still
there.

So there you have it, supplicant. The Europeans aren't morally superior
to you [USAnians] at all. Just intellectually. -- The Usenet Oracle