Re: ext3 on raid5 failure

From: Jan Dittmer
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 06:07:10 EST

Theodore Ts'o wrote:
On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 09:22:25AM +0100, Jan Dittmer wrote:

Okay, I fscked all filesystems in single user mode, thereby fscked up my root filesystem, though I didn't even check it - so I restored it from backup (grub wouldn't even load anymore).

What messages were printed by e2fsck while it was running --- and was
all of the filesystems unmounted, excepted for the root filesystem,
which should have been mounted read-only?

After 2 days in my freshly setup debian (2.6.1-bk6), same error. But this time at least I know it's because I tried to delete those files in the lost+found directory...

How did you come to that conclusion?

Argh, sorry, after chattr -aI the files could be deleted. sorry for the noise.

Jan