Re² : Alsa create high problems...

From: Eddahbi Karim
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 01:04:17 EST

Le ven 23/01/2004 à 09:57, Jaroslav Kysela a écrit :
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> > Ok, let's go. Can you try which files exactly affects the playback?
> > If you find one file, can you remove code step-by-step from routines in
> > linux/sound/core/pcm.c snd*read() functions (locate function by strings
> > in the proc file).
> >
> > I suspect that snd_pcm_stream_lock_irq() and snd_pcm_stream_unlock_irq()
> > will affect this (note that you must remove these calls together).
>
> Also enabling CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK in your kernel setup might help us.

Ok,

So... I've located the file which unlocks the problem while 1 second.
It's /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/status.

The function in pcm.c is :
snd_pcm_substream_proc_status_read

I remove it from the routines, it doesn't settle the problem but it
removes /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/status which let me without any
way to solve the sound problem anymore (unless kill :P).

I'll try to remove both lock/unlock irq functions and I'll tell you the
problem.

Btw I can't do any report from my kernel 2.6.2-rc1 because the ACPI
seems broken again and my modem don't work so I need to reboot on my
2.6.0 for reporting ;)

--
Eddahbi Karim <installation_fault_association@xxxxxxxx>
Installation Fault