Re: 2.6.0 NFS-server low to 0 performance

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 08:38:44 EST

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

> server with 2.6.0 kernel:
>
> fast:2.6.0-test11 2m21s (*)
> fast:2.4.20 16.5s
> SA1100:2.4 never finishes (*)
> PXA:2.4.21-rmk1-pxa1 as above
> PXA:2.6.0-rmk1-pxa as above
>
> server: 2.4.21
>
> fast:2.6.0-test11 6s
> fast:2.4.20 5s
> SA1100:2.4.19-rmk7 3.22s
> PXA:2.4.21-rmk1-pxa1 7s
> PXA:2.6.0-rmk2-pxa 1) 50s (**)
> (***) 2) 27s (**)

s/fast/PC2/

Further, I tried the old 3c59x card - same problems persist. Also tried
PC2 as the server - same. nfs-utils version 1.0.6 (Debian Sarge). I sent a
copy of the yesterday's email + new details to nfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Strange, that nobody is seeing this problem, but it looks pretty bad here.
Unless I missed some necessary update somewhere? The only one that seemed
relevant - nfs-utils on the server(s) from Documentation/Changes I
checked.

Thanks
Guennadi
---