PCI resource allocation problem in Enterprise Linux 3.0

From: sundarapandian durairaj
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 01:48:39 EST

Hi All,

I am having some PCI resource allocation problem in RH
Enterprise Linux 3.0 (linux-2.4.21-4.EL kernel).

Its seems the kernel is not allocating PCI resource
for our PCI card during kernel init. This PCI
resource allocation problem has been occurred only in
RHEL 3.0 kernel.

When I am testing our card in RH 9.0 (2.4-20) kernel,
I can see all PCI resource regions like memio and
ioport regions are allocated properly. (I am using
/proc/iomem and /proc/ioport for this). So I
am suspecting RHEL 3.0 kernel is not populating the
PCI resources properly during kernel initialization.

Am I missing some thing in kernel configuration while
kernel image building.

Any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sundar