Re: [2.6.0-mm2] PM timer still has problems

From: Karol Kozimor
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 17:23:07 EST

Thus wrote john stultz:
> If the override boot option failed, its most likely your system doesn't
> have an ACPI PM time source. Instead it seems your system is having

Well, I don't have the slightest idea on how to determine this, though I
read somewhere that all ACPI-compliant systems have those.

> trouble using the PIT as a time source (which seems not all that
> uncommon unfortunately).

Perhaps, though bear in mind it behaves so only if clock=pmtmr has been
appended and works fine with clock=pit.

> I guess we can just re-call select_timer() without an override if the
> override fails, that way you'll fall back to the default time source on
> your system. Try the (compile tested) patch below and see if that helps.

That would be PIT again, as TSC is unusable due to CPUFreq.
I'll try it ASAP -- should I test with Dmitry's patch applied?
Best regards,

--
Karol 'sziwan' Kozimor
sziwan@xxxxxxxxxxx