Re: Subject: Linux Hardware Nightmare!

From: Krzysztof Halasa
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 14:43:58 EST

Reza Roboubi <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> You see, I have some VIA chips, and they seem buggy (or Linux does.)

Are you sure it isn't a RAM problem or something like that? While
probably all chipsets on the market are buggy, I don't see any hangs
with Linux (with VIA or non-VIA chipsets). I'm using VIA MVP3 with
AMD K6, VIA 686B with dual PIII, VIA KT266A and KT333 with Athlons XP.
The video cards are various older S3, NVidia GFIIs with XFree86 driver,
ATI Radeon 8500.

It might be a problem with the video card as well, are you using NVidia
drivers by chance?
--
Krzysztof Halasa, B*FH