Re: 2.6.1-rc1 affected?

From: Markus Hästbacka
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 14:09:07 EST

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 20:31, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Because nobody actually contacted me about the problem and I read about it
> on linux-kernel like everybody else? Because I just got up and created the
> patch? And because nobody has an exploit yet, and one may be hard or
> impossible to create? And because people who care about these things tend
> to not update to x.0 kernels anyway?

Ok, I see your point. though, even that I care about these things, I
updated one of my servers to development tree somewhere at 2.5.70~.
The reason for me was the major performance difference.
> > But I think there's corporations who use 2.6.0 and don't read the lkml.
>
> They'll get a 2.6.1 soonish. The patch is in the current BK tree, will be
> in -rc2, and will be in 2.6.1. Let's just make sure we don't screw up the
> release due to being too much in a hurry either..

Yes, better give it time and not rush.

Thanks for your time.
--
"Software is like sex, it's better when it's free."
Markus Hästbacka <midian at ihme dot org>