Re: mremap bug and 2.4?

From: Robert L. Harris
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 10:45:16 EST

I love you guys. Yeah, I have to compile a new kernel, test it and push it out
this week to 600 machines but atleast I don't have to wait 6 months and
then hope it doesn't kill all my apps.

You guys are great, THANKS!

Robert

Thus spake Marcelo Tosatti (marcelo.tosatti@xxxxxxxxxxxx):

> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Robert L. Harris wrote:
>

> > Just read this on full disclosure:
> >
> > http://isec.pl/vulnerabilities/isec-0013-mremap.txt
> >
> > Is it valid? No working proof of concept code has been posted so I can't
> > test my systems. The article only lists 2.4 and 2.6. Is this
> > 2.4.16-current, etc? Anyone have any details about versions that are
> > safe so I/We can determine if I need to roll a new production kernel out
> > again?
>
> It is possible that the problem is exploitable. There is no known public
> exploit yet, however.
>
> 2.4.24 includes a fix for this (mm/mremap.c diff)

:wq!
Robert L. Harris | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
@ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:
These are MY OPINIONS ALONE. I speak for no-one else.

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.