Re: [2.6.0-mm2] PM timer still has problems

From: Karol Kozimor
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 07:20:08 EST

Thus wrote Dmitry Torokhov:
> I threw a monkey wrench in timer code and came up with the patch below...
> It is not intended for inclusion as is, just some work in progress.
>
> I decided to go hpet way and use tsc in ACPI PM timer to do delay stuff
> and monotonic clock. Plus there some code rearrangements, and stuff I grabbed
> from the CPUFREQ list (Dominics + Li Shahoua P4 variable tsc info ), etc...
> If there is an interest I can split the code into smaller chinks. For what
> it worth I am running with ACPI PM timer, CPUFREQ (dynamically switching
> frequency based on load) and Synaptics and everything is calm. Ntpd has also
> stopped complaining about loosing sync...

Well, no luck here. When clock=pmtmr is appended, the system hangs just
after printing:
#v+
Warning: clock= override failed. Defaulting to PIT
Using pit for high-res timesource
Detected 1700.598 MHz processor.
Console: colour VGA+ 80x25
#v-

The system boots fine without the clock= parameter, though.
[it's an ASUS L3800C laptop with a P4-M and 2.6.1-rc1-mm1 with your patch
on top]

Best regards,

--
Karol 'sziwan' Kozimor